My phone is hacked for Ransom, Official Apple Support Communities

Q : My phone is hacked for Ransom

My phone was abruptly locked and I had a message telling I need to email a certain address to unlock. When I sent an email I got the below reply can someone help F

Sent: Tuesday, May 9, two thousand seventeen 11:46 PM

Subject: instructions Re: Phone locked

We have blocked your device. To proceed using:

Pay 50$/0.04 BTC on the Bitcoin Wallet: 1Lc1MKWuLM7uWqDqfBEAjWmMHSBmPgNaLN

Buy bitcoins: coinbase dot com

Through a credit card you buy. Before you begin, register on the site.

After payment, fasten a screenshot or tell us the time of payment, we will send your password from your device within an hour.

If you do not pay the bill within twenty four hours, your device will be permanently locked.

Posted on May 9, two thousand seventeen Two:55 PM

Q: My phone is hacked for Ransom

• Helpful answers
  • All replies

May 9, two thousand seventeen 9:05 PM

Got the same problem on my MacBook. Same email adress, same message.

By attempting to embark the mac in safe mode, do a smc or NVRAM reset the black screen from the sc shows up.

Apple Support Hotline wasn’t able to help.

May Ten, two thousand seventeen Ten:37 AM

Same here. I was able to recover my apple id but macbook is locked now. I guess it’s a fresh kind of hack. Can anyone help?

May 11, two thousand seventeen 1:08 PM

I went to the Apple-Store, they can’t help without the invoice (which I don’t have anymore).

The dude at the Store said he has never seen this before, same the boy from the technical support hotline.

Based on the fact that this thread opened with two persons have had the same question tow days ago and now it’s sixteen – yes, seems to be a fresh hack.

“Excellent” that in two thousand seventeen there’s a paper invoice necessary to give proof the hardware is yours.

In worse case you have a one thousand two hundred € – two thousand four hundred € expensive lump of technical hardware-sh*t at home you can’t use anymore. Awesome!

May 11, two thousand seventeen Ten:34 PM

Did you pay them? I commenced having the same issues this afternoon.

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:Ten PM

No, I did not pay them, I attempted calling apple care but they were not very helpful nor apologetic. Ultimately determined to erase and reinstall. Let’s not pay the hackers!!

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:Legal PM

my problem is on my MacBook. Unluckily, I cannot erase. I called Apple care and they had no idea how to help. As the previous post stated. I now have a nice paperweight.

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:30 PM

I’m having the same problem on my iMac. I was able to retrieve and switch my Apple ID password but it seems Apple can do nothing to unlock the computer. So now I have to substitute the hard drive and lose innumerable files that are very significant to me because unluckily I had nothing backed up. How is this possible? This is a serious vulnerability on Apple’s part and they’re going to be in trouble if they don’t fix this quickly. Btw I have never clicked on an email from an unknown source or downloaded any iffy files so I’m indeed at a loss for how the hackers obtained my security details. I hope Apple addresses this soon.

May 15, two thousand seventeen 8:Nineteen AM

Your not bothering to backup is an Apple vulnerability?

Tell me how your deeds (or lack of) became Apple’s vulnerability?

My phone is hacked for Ransom, Official Apple Support Communities

Q : My phone is hacked for Ransom

Sent: Tuesday, May 9, two thousand seventeen 11:46 PM

Subject: instructions Re: Phone locked

We have blocked your device. To proceed using:

Pay 50$/0.04 BTC on the Bitcoin Wallet: 1Lc1MKWuLM7uWqDqfBEAjWmMHSBmPgNaLN

Buy bitcoins: coinbase dot com

Through a credit card you buy. Before you embark, register on the site.

After payment, link a screenshot or tell us the time of payment, we will send your password from your device within an hour.

Posted on May 9, two thousand seventeen Two:55 PM

Q: My phone is hacked for Ransom

• Helpful answers
  • All replies

May 9, two thousand seventeen 9:05 PM

Got the same problem on my MacBook. Same email adress, same message.

By attempting to begin the mac in safe mode, do a smc or NVRAM reset the black screen from the sc emerges.

Apple Support Hotline wasn’t able to help.

May Ten, two thousand seventeen Ten:37 AM

May 11, two thousand seventeen 1:08 PM

The fellow at the Store said he has never seen this before, same the stud from the technical support hotline.

“Good” that in two thousand seventeen there’s a paper invoice necessary to give proof the hardware is yours.

May 11, two thousand seventeen Ten:34 PM

Did you pay them? I commenced having the same issues this afternoon.

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:Ten PM

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:Legal PM

May 13, two thousand seventeen 8:30 PM

I’m having the same problem on my iMac. I was able to retrieve and switch my Apple ID password but it seems Apple can do nothing to unlock the computer. So now I have to substitute the hard drive and lose uncountable files that are very significant to me because unluckily I had nothing backed up. How is this possible? This is a serious vulnerability on Apple’s part and they’re going to be in trouble if they don’t fix this quickly. Btw I have never clicked on an email from an unknown source or downloaded any iffy files so I’m truly at a loss for how the hackers obtained my security details. I hope Apple addresses this soon.

May 15, two thousand seventeen 8:Nineteen AM

Your not bothering to backup is an Apple vulnerability?

Tell me how your deeds (or lack of) became Apple’s vulnerability?

Related video: